TO: All Members of Local Union 2251
FROM: Mike Da Prat, President
RE: General Membership Meeting Summary Report for
April 19th, 2017
The following notes represent my personal summary of the April General Membership Meeting and ARE NOT OFFICIAL MINUTES. They are for the express purpose of keeping the members informed in a timely fashion. Since minutes must be approved at a subsequent General Membership Meeting, any updates which would require the use of the actual minutes would result in updates being one month old.
The following was approved at the March meeting:
- Minutes of the March meeting
- The financial statement ending March 31st and the disbursements of $334,357.65. Our disbursements were in excess of our receipts by $219,783.03. This resulted in our General Account being positive by $96,090.47 (Toronto Dominion).
- A motion passed that we approve $300.00 to sponsor the “Let’s Mpve” five-week recreational program to beheld at the Holy Family School.
- A motion passed that we approve a donation of 4200.00 to support the funding of the Korah Collegiate and Vocational School 2016-17 yearbook.
- A motion passed that we approve a donation of $300.00 to support the 2017 Kidz Summer Safety Festival to be held on June 25th, 2017.
- A motion was passed that we approve a donation of $1000.00 to support the Sunshine Dream for Kids.
MANNING REPORT AS OF April 1st, 2017
Local 2251 2197
Local 2724 465
President, Michael Da Prat, reported the following:
- Mike gave a brief update and explained that most of the information was given out at the Special Membership Meeting held on April 10th, 2017.
- He explained that there was a meeting held in New York but cannot provide any information regarding this.
Total legal fees to date: $1,129,080.49.
- Ernest and Young website: documentcentre.eycan.com
The next General Membership Meeting will be held on May 17th, 2017 at 7:30 p.m., at the Marconi Hall located at 450 Albert Street West.