TO: All Members of Local Union 2251
FROM: Mike Da Prat, President
RE: General Membership Meeting Summary Report for
May 17th, 2017
The following notes represent my personal summary of the May General Membership Meeting and ARE NOT OFFICIAL MINUTES. They are for the express purpose of keeping the members informed in a timely fashion. Since minutes must be approved at a subsequent General Membership Meeting, any updates which would require the use of the actual minutes would result in updates being one month old.
The following was approved at the May meeting:
- Minutes of the April meeting
- The financial statement ending April 30th and the disbursements of $109,381.25. Our receipts were in excess of our disbursements by $7,198.58. This resulted in our General Account being positive by $91,765.23 (Toronto Dominion).
- A motion passed that we approve a donation of $500.00 to sponsor the “Walk for Guide Dogs” to be held on Sunday, May 28th, 2017 at the Roberta Bondar Park and Tent Pavilion.
- A motion passed that we approve the cost up to $1500.00 for a backup software upgrade for our system at the Union Hall.
- A motion passed that we approve $5424.00 to advertise our General Membership Meeting notices on SooToday.
MANNING REPORT AS OF May 1st, 2017
Local 2251 2220
Local 2724 470
President, Michael Da Prat, reported the following:
- Mike gave a brief update about what has been happening regarding the CCAA process.
Special Membership Meeting – All Candidates
- Mike gave a brief description about the two meetings that were held to vote on who USW Local 2251 would support in the next Provincial Election. The vote was 87% in favour of the NDP.
Total legal fees to date: $1,157,517.42.
- Ernest and Young website: documentcentre.eycan.com
The next General Membership Meeting will be held on June 21st, 2017 at 7:30 p.m., at a location to be determined.