TO: All Members of Local Union 2251
FROM: Mike Da Prat, President
RE: General Membership Meeting Summary Report for
July 19th, 2017
The following notes represent my personal summary of the July General Membership Meeting and ARE NOT OFFICIAL MINUTES. They are for the express purpose of keeping the members informed in a timely fashion. Since minutes must be approved at a subsequent General Membership Meeting, any updates which would require the use of the actual minutes would result in updates being one-month old.
The following was approved at the July meeting:
- Minutes of the June meeting
- The financial statement ending June 30th and the disbursements of $197,193.86. Our disbursements were in excess of our receipts by $57,338.99 This resulted in our General Account being positive by $166,587.80 (Toronto Dominion).
- A motion passed that we approve we approve a donation of $500.00 to support the Pridefest event to be held on September 10th, 2017.
- A motion passed that we approve we approve a donation of $500.00 to support Big Brothers/Big Sisters.
- A motion passed that we approve we approve $400.00 to pay our membership dues for the Ontario Health Coalition.
MANNING REPORT AS OF July 1st, 2017
Local 2251 2321
Local 2724 473
President, Michael Da Prat, reported the following:
- Mike gave a brief update on the motions that have been put before the courts.
Also spoke about Bo Yi not looking good in his cross examination regarding statements he made in his affidavit.
- MAGA court date is scheduled for August 18th, 2017.
- New Lawyer - Mike explained that the fees for this month may be higher as we have retained a new lawyer.
- Mike explained that a grievance was to be filed regarding the amount of profit sharing. He also said that an audit was being conducted by BDO Dunwoody.
- Mike also spoke about the Bricklayers vacation scheduling, EMT postings, and he announced that Marty Warren’s wife passed away.
Total legal fees to date: $1,167,110.39
- Ernest and Young website: documentcentre.eycan.com
The next General Membership Meeting will be held on August 16th, 2017 at 7:30 p.m., at The Royal Canadian Legion located at 96 Great Northern Road.