TO: All Members of Local Union 2251
FROM: Mike Da Prat, President
RE: General Membership Meeting Summary Report for
June 21st, 2017
The following notes represent my personal summary of the June General Membership Meeting and ARE NOT OFFICIAL MINUTES. They are for the express purpose of keeping the members informed in a timely fashion. Since minutes must be approved at a subsequent General Membership Meeting, any updates which would require the use of the actual minutes would result in updates being one month old.
The following was approved at the June meeting:
- Minutes of the May meeting
- The financial statement ending May 31st and the disbursements of $202,694.43. Our disbursements were in excess of our receipts by $54,789.82. This resulted in our General Account being positive by $129,708.51 (Toronto Dominion).
- A motion passed that we approve we approve a donation of $500.00 to support “One Night for You” at the Roberta Bondar Pavilion on July 23rd, 2017. This year’s proceeds will be donated to the Autism Ontario Sault Ste Marie Chapter.
- A motion passed that we approve we approve a donation of $500.00 to support the Kidney Foundation of Canada, here in Sault Ste Marie for their annual Kidney walk to be held on Saturday, September 9th, 2017.
- A motion passed that we approve we approve a donation of $1000.00 to help support the Muscular Dystrophy Canada.
MANNING REPORT AS OF June 1st, 2017
Local 2251 2306
Local 2724 476
President, Michael Da Prat, reported the following:
- Mike gave a brief update about what has been happening regarding the CCAA process.
Joint Compensation and Benefits Committee
- Brother John Kallio has been appointed the Chair of the JCBC Committee.
Pension Plan Performance
- Mike explained that the pension plan is 76% on a solvency basis.
- Mike reported that Essar is aiming to pay out Profit Sharing on Friday, June 23rd in the amount of approximately $1200.00 gross.
- Mike reported that the International Elections are coming up this year.
- He reported the Nomination meetings will be held –
Thursday, September 14th, 2017
9:00 am and 7:00 pm at the Union Hall – Board Room
If there is an election, it will be held Tuesday, November 21st, 2017
More information to follow if there is an election called.
- Mike told the membership that our future Board of Stewards and General Membership Meetings will be held at the Royal Canadian Legion located at 96 Great Northern Road.
- Mike stated that we would use The Tech for future Special General Membership Meetings.
Total legal fees to date: $1,211,775.33
- Ernest and Young website: documentcentre.eycan.com
The next General Membership Meeting will be held on July 19th, 2017 at 7:30 p.m., at The Royal Canadian Legion located at 96 Great Northern Road.